Super Healthy Chinese Meal. Please replace chicken with any other veggies if you are a vegetarian like me! :)
Broccoli and Chicken in Oyster-Soy Sauce with Shredded Egg NoodlesSuper Healthy Chinese Meal. Please replace chicken with any other veggies if you are a vegetarian like me! :)Anagha Gunjal Reddy
Chicken Breast (cut into juliennes)
Chunky Florets of Broccoli
Cloves (lightly crushed) 6
Roasted Chilli Flakes
1 1/2 Teaspoons
1 1/2 Tablespoons
Green Chilli Sauce
Plain Hakka Noodles
Eggs (lightly beaten)
Potful of water to boil Noodles
- Add noodles to boiling water. Do not cook for more than 2 1/2 - 3 minutes. Drain water and let it cool.
- Heat 2 tbs of oil in a wok. Make sure the flame is on high. Add the chicken. Saute till almost cooked. Add chilli flakes, crushed garlic and the broccoli. Saute till broccoli is just cooked.
- Add the oyster, soy and chilli sauces, vinegar and salt and fry for a minute or so. Lastly mix cornflour and water and add it to the chicken (to give it a saucy consistency) and toss for a minute. Keep it aside.
- In another wok, heat the remaining 1 tbs of oil. Add the beaten eggs and scramble/shred it with a whisk. Add the drained noodles when the eggs are still a bit raw. Now toss the noodles (2 minutes) till most strands get coated with egg.
- Add the shredded-egg noodles to the chicken-broccoli wok and give it a good toss.
- Serve hot.