Flaky crust. Yummy gooey chocolate filling! Heaven
Dark Chocolate TartFlaky crust. Yummy gooey chocolate filling! HeavenAnagha Gunjal Reddy
Ice Cold water
For the Chocolate Filling
Rich Dark Chocolate (70% Cocoa)
Fresh Cream (I used Amul)
Large Egg (lightly beaten)
Sugar for dusting
- Sift the flour and sugar in a bowl. Add the cold butter. Mix them using your fingertips till it resembles bread crumbs. Or you can use a hand mixer.
- At this stage add the cold water spoon by spoon. Add water till it is combined well and forms into a soft dough. Now take a tart pan and start filling it with this crumbs.
- Press the crumbs (the dough) with your fingertips and line the whole tart pan. The thickness should be around 1/8 of an inch. Let it rest for an hour in the fridge. Save the remaining for another day. This dough will be good for a week in the refrigerator.
- Line a foil on top of this tart dough and place beans/rice to prevent it from puffing up. This is blind baking. Blind bake it in a pre-heated oven at 175c for 20 minutes. Remove the foil with beans and bake it for another 7-10 minutes. The tart should be just baked.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. Meanwhile, chop the chocolate and place in a bowl. Heat the cream (do not boil) and pour it over the chocolate. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Give it a good stir so that no lumps are formed. If any, pop the bowl into the microwave for 40-60 secs.
- Let the chocolate cool. Add honey, vanilla and the egg. Stir gently till everything is incorporated. Pour the chocolate ganache mixture in the cooled tart shell.
- Place the tart pan in a tray (to prevent the tart from getting burnt) and then bake at 160c for about 15-20 minutes or till the centre of the filling is wobbly.
- Let the tart cool for 30 minutes at least. Dust it with sugar powder and serve it with vanilla ice-cream.